Open Letter To The Honourable Prime Minister - 2

Thursday, 20th September, 2018 - 6:25am
Home About Me Archives Contact Subscribe Join APATT

Authored by: Maria Borde

Pages: 1, 2

Written by: Guest - 29th Apr, 2015 - 1:40pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: Venessa

Topic: Letter

Comments: This letter echoes my sentiments as well. I am Mother of an autistic daughter and I truly support and appreciate your advocacy for autistic children. Our Government need to take action now Autism is becoming more prevalent today than ever before. Lets all join in advocating for our cause and move the Government into action.
Written by: Guest - 30th Apr, 2015 - 11:42pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: Roma

Topic: Open letter

Comments: I found this letter through a friend of mine, well said! We need to be more vocal about important issues! Hope the PM reads your letter. Take care!
Written by: Guest - 2nd May, 2015 - 6:33pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: neeemore

Title: Letter to PM

Comments: What you wrote is what all these NGOs should be putting in the forefront of their ad campaigns.

Even the Newsday had a big ad with the Ministry of Social Welfare saying they support autism awareness. The cost of that ad could have probably given 20 children some needed therapy.

The problem here is priorities but this is not unique to those mother's plight it is just how politics plays out.

Those who get the most are those who are the loudest. The autism problem in T&T is not loud enough for Ministers to make a change but this is a good place to start.
Written by: Guest - 3rd May, 2015 - 1:37pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: Naresh

Topic: Schools and therapy

Comments: Recently the minister of education met with principals of special needs schools and talked about implementing new policies to help the children but he talked about 6,000 students being formally assessed and student support services taking over to find out IF these students need further help.

But like the letter says my child is going to school without an aide because I'm fed up of asking for one. Real fed up about begging for my child.
Written by: Guest - 5th May, 2015 - 11:32pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: Tamika

Topic: Quote Autism

Comments: Wonderful letter Maria! I saw this quote from the Prime Minister sometime ago and I wanted to share it with all your readers:

"The effects of ASDs are not restricted to any particular race, colour or class of people. In fact, from my own experiences with autism, I must emphasise the importance of early detection. With the right care, individuals affected by ASDs can lead a full and prosperous life.

My government is determined to introduce sustainable and comprehensive policies and programmes to benefit persons with autism as well as other disabilities.

The time for full inclusion is now; no disability of any kind should be allowed to bar a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago from that which our anthem boasts, an equal place in society."( Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, World Autism Day 2014 )
Written by: Guest - 21st May, 2015 - 10:11pm Mountain of Sand Blog Archive
Name: Jennifer

Title: My daughter Aashana

Comments: I fully agree with your letter.... I have a four year old daughter who is autistic.... She does not talk only babbles and does not eat at all...I think the government needs to help these children who can't afford private treatments...
Pages: 1, 2

FB Page Tweet Page Videos

Sponsor Ads:

Refer / Link Me:

Copy HTML to your web page

Affiliates or Subscribe

Search via our Community for:

Open Letter To The Honourable Prime Minister - 2 - Autism Blog Coded by: BGID®  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 2006-2018
Disclaimer  |  Privacy  |  Report Errors / Contact  |  Credits

This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.